DISH World is an exciting new IPTV service available from DISH Network! By simply connecting the DISH World receiver to your television and high speed modem or router you’ll be able to enjoy the best in international programming.
When you order DISH World you receive the following equipment:
- AC Adapter
- HDMI Cable
- RCA Composite Audio/Video Cable
- Ethernet Cable
- S-Video Cable
- Wireless Network Access Adapter
On the front of the receiver:
- Power light: this amber light turns on when the receiver is connected to a power source.
- LAN light: this yellow light turns on when the receiver receives data via the ethernet cable.
- WLAN light: this blue light turns on when the receiver receives data via a wireless network.
On the back of the receiver:
- Power Jack
- S-Video, for using an S-Video cable to connect the receiver to your TV
- Y/Pb/Pr Component, also known as Red/Blue/Green Component cables, for HD picture
- CVBs Video for standard definition, most often seen on RCA composite cables
- Audio terminal
- USB port, can be used to connect the Wireless Network Access Adapter if your receiver cannot be placed near your modem or router
- HDMI port, carries HD video and digital sound, unlike with the S-Video, component and composite video cables you will not need to use the audio terminal when using HDMI cable
- LAN port, for connecting your receiver to your modem or router via ethernet cable.
The buttons on the DISH World remote, from left to right and top to bottom:
- Power, this puts the receiver into standby mode and will turn your TV on and off.
- A, this will take you to the setting screen.
- Home, this returns you to the main screen.
- B, not currently used.
- C, not currently used.
- D, will stop playing the current content.
- FAV, takes you to your list of favorite channels and is used to set channels as favorites in the guide.
- GUIDE, brings up the program guide.
- CC, not currently used.
- REWIND, used to rewind content.
- PLAY, used to play content.
- FAST FORWARD, used to fast forward through content.
- STOP, stop current content.
- PAUSE, pauses the content.
- SELECT and ARROW BUTTONS, used to navigate and select on screen menus.
- BACK, moves back one page when applicable.
- NEXT, moves forward one page when applicable.
- VOL, turns the volume up and down.
- MUTE, mutes the sound.
- INFO, shows information on the current content.
- CH, turns the channels up and down.
- 1-9, used to switch channels for live TV.
- SHIFT, used to display additional characters when using the on-screen keyboard such as symbols and numbers.
- DELETE, not currently used.
Categories: Equipment & Remotes